Money School helps you take control of your money with simple, affordable, virtual classes that I’ll be teaching in real time. Each one-hour live class consists of a 45-minute lecture followed by 15 minutes of Q&A. Then, during the week following each class, the Money School team and I will host virtual “office hours,” so that you can ask any questions you didn’t get a chance to ask after the lecture (or that you didn’t think of until later). And new this semester: If you’re not able to attend the live class, we’re happy to be able to offer you a recorded version to watch at a later date. You’ll still have access to office hours!
Bonus: This semester I’m offering a package deal: Purchase all six classes for $250, a savings of $50! Plus, you’ll get access to six full weeks in the office hours chat rooms, where you’ll be able to ask all of your questions!
“After last week’s class I have saved over $3,000 per year!! No one should miss class!” – Kenny, Jumpstart Your Finances participant
“I am actually excited to start budgeting!” – Katie, Budgeting Bootcamp participant
“I left the session with many clear cut to-do list items that I am definitely planning on implementing.” – Jan, Jumpstart Your Finances participant
“I’ve always wanted to find a money course but was intimidated by the sentiment that I’d not saved enough already and had no chance at retiring. Your energy and step-wise logic was comforting. Glad I signed for all sessions!” – Susan, Jumpstart Your Finances participant
How it works:
- Choose a class (or classes)
- Sign-up (1 class = $50; all six classes = $250, a $50 savings). Select any of the classes listed on the left to go to the order form. Order the class, or classes, you’d like to attend. Once your order is processed, you’ll see a confirmation page with a link to register for class. Registration information will also be provided in your purchase confirmation email. If you’ve purchased multiple classes, each will have a separate registration link. If you purchase the full semester package, you’ll receive one link and you can follow that link to register for all six classes. You are NOT registered until you click on the link (or links) and enter your name and email address. It’s a good idea to complete registration immediately following your purchase, or print out your confirmation email so you have the link to revisit and register at a later date. If you lose it — or have questions about the process — please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once registered, you’ll receive a confirmation email from Adobe, our webinar provider, with the URL you will use to log in to your class. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact us at email@example.com before the day of class. You will receive a separate confirmation email for each individual class.
- Download class handouts onto your computer or print them out. You’ll use these during class. These handouts can be found on the individual class page.
- Depending on how far in advance you sign-up, you may receive reminder emails 1 week and 24 hours before class from Adobe. These emails will repeat the URL and log-in information you will need to access the webinar.
- 15 minutes before class, log-in to Money School for your one-hour session.
- Send me questions during class and I’ll do my best to answer them in the last 15 minutes of the session.
- Visit me during office hours. Office hours will be in the form of a chat room, open for one week following each class. Log in and post your questions, and we will answer them daily. You’ll also be able to read the questions your classmates have asked, as well as the answers. I’ll send you an email with the log-in link for office hours immediately following the end of your class.
- Can’t make class? No worries. This semester, the classes will be available as recordings. The day after class, I’ll send you an email with a link to the class recording to watch and re-watch as you please. The recording will be available for two weeks after the original class date.
- Feel great about taking control of your money.
Money School Trouble Shooting
- Didn’t receive your log-in instructions? These should arrive within a day of registration, with reminders a week and 24 hours prior to class, if you signed up well in advance. Be sure you not only purchased the class, but also registered, using the link provided on the confirmation page displayed after purchase and in your purchase confirmation email. Each class as a unique registration link. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t receive these emails. Provide the class(es) you signed up for, the email address you used, your first and last name, and a number where we can reach you. For office hours, you’ll receive an email following class with log-in instructions. Please log-in early to ensure you get your questions answered—and to see what other students are asking about.
- Having trouble logging-in to class or office hours? Our webinar provider is Adobe, and they have 24 hour technical support. Please contact them on their toll-free hotline: 800-42-ADOBE (800-422-3623). We encourage you to sign in to Money School at least 15 minutes in advance in order to have time to trouble shoot technical issues.
- Having issues with the audio and video during class? Audio should come out of your computer’s speakers. Please be sure the volume control on your computer is turned up, and adjust the volume within the webinar program by clicking the green speaker icon at the top left of the screen, then selecting Adjust Speaker Volume. If these steps don’t solve the issue, please call 888-853-9372 (Passcode: 7310338) to receive audio via your phone.
- Can’t get audio and video during office hours? Relax, these sessions are chat only since there’s no formal presentation.